Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Apan Apan is offline

Default Line numbering

I have added line numbers to my text. Some of the files, the line number
starts with 1.1 and in the other files it starts normally. I could not get
rid of the 1.1. The settings in both cases are the same.
How do I get rid of the 1.1 at the begining.
I am running office 2002 w/ SP3
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There is certainly no way to achieve this through the Line Numbers dialog.
If Line Number were a paragraph style, I'd suspect it had acquired
autonumbering, but since it's a character style, it's hard to see how this
could happen.

"Apan" wrote in message
I have added line numbers to my text. Some of the files, the line number
starts with 1.1 and in the other files it starts normally. I could not

get
rid of the 1.1. The settings in both cases are the same.
How do I get rid of the 1.1 at the begining.
I am running office 2002 w/ SP3

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Apan Apan is offline

I have printed 20 + files at the same time. The first file printed with .1,
the second file printed with 1.1 and it continued like that. That is when
enquired about the situation.

To-day I thought I will copy paste each file to a new page and see if I
could get rid of the additional attachments. The files opened clean. You
may want to take a look into it.
Thanks for trying.

"Apan" wrote in message
I have added line numbers to my text. Some of the files, the line number
starts with 1.1 and in the other files it starts normally. I could not

get
rid of the 1.1. The settings in both cases are the same.
How do I get rid of the 1.1 at the begining.
I am running office 2002 w/ SP3

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

How could I "take a look into it"? Do you want to send me a sample of one of
the damaged files?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

There is certainly no way to achieve this through the Line Numbers

dialog.
If Line Number were a paragraph style, I'd suspect it had acquired
autonumbering, but since it's a character style, it's hard to see how

this
could happen.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Apan" wrote in message
I have added line numbers to my text. Some of the files, the line

number
starts with 1.1 and in the other files it starts normally. I could

not
get
rid of the 1.1. The settings in both cases are the same.
How do I get rid of the 1.1 at the begining.
I am running office 2002 w/ SP3

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lynn lynn is offline

I have a number one embedded in word that I can not get rid of. What do I
need to change please. I di not know what I di to get thier. I do know that I
can put in the number two by hitting enter, so I have a list and I do not
want it! can you help.

Weird line numbering news New Users 0 February 22nd 06 06:15 PM
Viewing line numbering in a document Martin M Microsoft Word Help 6 August 5th 05 11:57 PM
Line numbering started adding an {1} to the left of the line numbe mich Microsoft Word Help 1 August 4th 05 03:47 PM
How do I delete line numbering? garfield-n-odie Microsoft Word Help 0 May 31st 05 11:45 PM
How do I skip line numbering on blank lines? MKA Page Layout 3 May 31st 05 02:05 PM