Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] Mister.Fred.Ma@gmail.com is offline

Default Multiple paragraph styles with same outline level

From surfing the web about Word 2003 paragraph levels, it seems that
each outline level has to be associated with one paragraph style. I
have a document template (not created by me) in which two styles are
level 1. This defies my (possibly wrong) understanding of levels. I
thought I could take advantage of this by defining my own paragraph
style, also level 1. It is level 1, but doesn't show up in outline
view when I set it to show level 1.

1. Is it possible for two styles to be of the same level?
2. If not, what might cause it to appear that way?
3. If so, how can I get a third style to be of that outline level?

Thanks!