Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sharon R. Sharon R. is offline

Default Styles behaviour in Word 2007

Hi all,

I used to be able to do this in Word 2003 but do not seem able to make it
"stick" in 2007.

I have a specific set of styles that I use in my documents and these are the
only ones that I want shown in the Styles list. So far so good. Sometimes,
however, I need to slightly modify one. When I do this though it creates
another entry in Styles list to reflect the change to the existing style.
Since it's usually just a one-off, I don't want to see this in the list.

There was a way in Word 2003 to stop this happening but I can't find how to
do this in Word 2007. I've tried all permutations available under Manage
Styles to no avail.

Would love some englightenment!

Thanks,

Sharon