Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
daisy daisy is offline

Default Word documents opening in Notepad

When I click directly on a document's name, it no longer opens in word.
Instead, it opens in jibberish in Notepad. I am able to open the same
document once I open Word and open it there.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...gisterWord.htm .

If that doesn't help, then see
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307859 "How to change or
select which program starts when you double-click a file in
Windows XP". The process is similar in Windows Vista.