Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charyrl Charyrl is offline

Default How do I print a zip code on individual envelopes?

I just installed Office 2007. Does it allow you to print a zip code on an
individual envelope? All the FAQ's I've found relate to mail merges.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Are you talking about the 5 or 9 digit number? If so, yes.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Charyrl" wrote in message
I just installed Office 2007. Does it allow you to print a zip code on an
individual envelope? All the FAQ's I've found relate to mail merges.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charyrl Charyrl is offline

I have some addresses with the 9 digit number and some with the 5 digit
number. My previous version of Word would print either one. It depended on
which one I typed.

"Charyrl" wrote in message
I just installed Office 2007. Does it allow you to print a zip code on an
individual envelope? All the FAQ's I've found relate to mail merges.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can print a ZIP code anywhere you insert or type it. I suspect, however,
that you are referring to POSTNET bar codes, which were removed from Word
2007 because they were no longer compliant with USPS requirements.

"Charyrl" wrote in message
I just installed Office 2007. Does it allow you to print a zip code on an
individual envelope? All the FAQ's I've found relate to mail merges.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charyrl Charyrl is offline

Does that mean I can't do it or not. I'm not sure I understand. What is the
difference between a regular zip code and the POSTNET bar codes?

"Charyrl" wrote in message
I just installed Office 2007. Does it allow you to print a zip code on an
individual envelope? All the FAQ's I've found relate to mail merges.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

A zip code is a number a bar code is a set of parallel lines derived from a
number that c an be read by a computer - and yes you can insert a barcode on
an envelope (the envelope templates you can download from my web site
include one with a barcode) but not from the envelope tool. You must add the
envelope to a document then insert on it a bar code field -

However the barcode produced by Word is POSTNET. The USPS no longer accepts
that format for bulk mail discounts -- see
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/897290 -- . so you might as well not use the
barcode feature at all.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can print a ZIP code anywhere you insert or type it. I suspect,
however, that you are referring to POSTNET bar codes, which were
removed from Word 2007 because they were no longer compliant with
USPS requirements.

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"Charyrl" wrote in message
I just installed Office 2007. Does it allow you to print a zip
code on an individual envelope? All the FAQ's I've found relate to
mail merges.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

How do you get your addresses onto your envelopes? What happens when you try
to print the envelopes?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]