Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Steve is offline

Default Embed a word doc in another

I am not sure if embeding is exactly what i want to do.

I ave have a word document and i want to have another word doc inside it as
an icon.

The second one has instructions i refer to so when they double click on the
icon it opens the second doc.

I dont just want a link as i will be emailing the whole do to someone else.

hopefully this makes sense
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Try the following - hopefully, the result is what you want:
Click in the document where you want the inserted file icon to appear.
Select Insert Object Create from File tab. Click the Browse button and
browse to the file you want to insert. Turn on the "Display as icon" check
button (note the "Change icon" button that appears in the dialog box when you
turn on "Display as icon"). Since you do not want the inserted file to be
linked, make sure that the "Link to file" button is _not_ turned on. Click OK.

The inserted file can be opened by double-clicking or by right-clicking and
selecting Document Object Open from the pop-up menu.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg