Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] hdrasin@ucla.edu is offline

Default Blocked file opening

Suddenly I don't seem to be able to open files from previous Microsoft
Word editions. I am using Word 2007 in windows XP SP 2, and until
today have not had this problem at all, ever. The message I get is,
"you are attempting to open a file that was created in an earlier
version of Microsoft Office. This type of file is blocked from
opening in this version by your registry policy setting." that had
never been the case before and I've been using it for a long time now.
It refers me to knowledgebase article 922850.when I checked the
registry in an attempt to make changes, the registry entry,
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Off ice\12.0\Word\Security\FileOpenBlock"does
not exist on my system.
Please help, thank you.
Harry

Unable open Word doc "file type blocked due registry policy setti david@rogersmead Microsoft Word Help 6 July 1st 08 04:52 AM
blocked file Undine New Users 2 January 13th 08 05:33 PM
Error Opening File: Blocked by Registry Policy Setting Bill New Users 1 October 7th 07 10:16 PM
I am blocked from Options/general/recently used file option. Help joscar Microsoft Word Help 1 June 9th 07 11:10 PM
Blocked File Menu jlcastillo78 Microsoft Word Help 0 June 7th 05 10:26 PM