Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
malycom

Default Format Mergefield Decimal Values

Hi

I have a merge document which brings in values which I have formatted in
this way {MERGEFIELD "GBP_Int"\#"#,###.00}

This brings the data in fine, but what I now need to know is, how do I
format the merge field so that if the value of the data is under 1, I get a
value starting with 0. For instance, I am currently getting 91 pence showing
as .91 instead of 0.91

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Malcolm Davidson
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cooz

Hi malycom,

Use an IF field to check whether the value 1, like this:
{ IF {MERGEFIELD "GBP_Int"} 1 {MERGEFIELD "GBP_Int"\#"#,##0.00}
{MERGEFIELD "GBP_Int"\#"#,###.00} }

{MERGEFIELD "GBP_Int"\#"#,##0.00} will be used with values 1, and
{MERGEFIELD "GBP_Int"\#"#,###.00} will be used with other values.

Success,
Cooz
--
PS: If this is a satisfying answer to your question and you're logged in via
the Microsoft site, please click Yes to "Did this post answer the question?".

"malycom" wrote:

Hi

I have a merge document which brings in values which I have formatted in
this way {MERGEFIELD "GBP_Int"\#"#,###.00}

This brings the data in fine, but what I now need to know is, how do I
format the merge field so that if the value of the data is under 1, I get a
value starting with 0. For instance, I am currently getting 91 pence showing
as .91 instead of 0.91

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Malcolm Davidson

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
malycom

Thanks you so much.

Problem is now resolved.

Malcolm

"malycom" wrote:

Hi

I have a merge document which brings in values which I have formatted in
this way {MERGEFIELD "GBP_Int"\#"#,###.00}

This brings the data in fine, but what I now need to know is, how do I
format the merge field so that if the value of the data is under 1, I get a
value starting with 0. For instance, I am currently getting 91 pence showing
as .91 instead of 0.91

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Malcolm Davidson

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

You don't need a conditional field for this.

{MERGEFIELD "GBP_Int" \# ",0.00}

will do the job.