Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
microdoc microdoc is offline

Default Form placeholder problem

I've created a form/template for my employees to use. My problem is that
when the blanks are filled out, the text next to that blank gets "pushed"
over or to the next line. For example, if a line on my form says NAME: (fill
in the blank) DOB: (fill in the blank), when someone fills in a name in that
blank, the DOB gets pushed off to the right or to the next line (depending on
how long the name is). Any idea on how to keep the placeholder labels (NAME,
DOB, AGE, etc) in place? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Most form creators use tables with fixed column width and row height. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm and especially
the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to.

"microdoc" wrote in message
I've created a form/template for my employees to use. My problem is that
when the blanks are filled out, the text next to that blank gets "pushed"
over or to the next line. For example, if a line on my form says NAME:
(fill
in the blank) DOB: (fill in the blank), when someone fills in a name in
that
blank, the DOB gets pushed off to the right or to the next line (depending
on
how long the name is). Any idea on how to keep the placeholder labels
(NAME,
DOB, AGE, etc) in place? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
microdoc microdoc is offline

Thanks for your help! I'm kind of a newbie at this, as you can tell. My
form isn't really set up as a table (it's a patient registration form). Any
way to do it without using a table format?

"microdoc" wrote in message
I've created a form/template for my employees to use. My problem is that
when the blanks are filled out, the text next to that blank gets "pushed"
over or to the next line. For example, if a line on my form says NAME:
(fill
in the blank) DOB: (fill in the blank), when someone fills in a name in
that
blank, the DOB gets pushed off to the right or to the next line (depending
on
how long the name is). Any idea on how to keep the placeholder labels
(NAME,
DOB, AGE, etc) in place? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I was suggesting that you will find it easier if you do use a table. It
doesn't have to have borders (though you can use borders for the
fill-in-the-blanks lines), and it doesn't have to have the same column
widths for every row. But using form fields in a protected form is what will
really help.

"microdoc" wrote in message
I've created a form/template for my employees to use. My problem is
that
when the blanks are filled out, the text next to that blank gets
"pushed"
over or to the next line. For example, if a line on my form says NAME:
(fill
in the blank) DOB: (fill in the blank), when someone fills in a name
in
that
blank, the DOB gets pushed off to the right or to the next line
(depending
on
how long the name is). Any idea on how to keep the placeholder labels
(NAME,
DOB, AGE, etc) in place? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
microdoc microdoc is offline

Thanks a million! I made a table without borders and works like a charm!

"microdoc" wrote in message
I've created a form/template for my employees to use. My problem is
that
when the blanks are filled out, the text next to that blank gets
"pushed"
over or to the next line. For example, if a line on my form says NAME:
(fill
in the blank) DOB: (fill in the blank), when someone fills in a name
in
that
blank, the DOB gets pushed off to the right or to the next line
(depending
on
how long the name is). Any idea on how to keep the placeholder labels
(NAME,
DOB, AGE, etc) in place? Thanks!

How do I add placeholder text in a document? Melissa Page Layout 4 April 30th 23 08:47 AM
Disappearing placeholder wordprof Microsoft Word Help 3 September 12th 07 10:05 PM
empty image placeholder? mdavison Page Layout 1 October 26th 06 09:42 PM
Placeholder for data Daniel New Users 2 December 19th 05 08:45 AM
DATABASE field placeholder text spedicini Mailmerge 2 June 7th 05 01:04 PM