Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GreyGhost13 GreyGhost13 is offline

Default open document in word 2007

I previously had Office 2000 on my computer and recently upgraded to 2007.
When I try to open a Word document (this doesn't happen with other products -
only Word), the system tries to open it in Word 2000 which it can't find.
How can I make it open in Word 2007? I can open it by first opening Word
2007 and then opening the document, but not by just clicking on the document
name. I have tried resetting the default program, pointing to Word 2007 in
the 'open file with program', and regedit (although I didn't find anything to
change there.)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If Office 2000 was uninstalled from your PC, then repairing Office 2007
should fix the file associations.
When you used open file with this program, did you check the 'always open
with this program' dialog?

GreyGhost13 wrote:
I previously had Office 2000 on my computer and recently upgraded to
2007. When I try to open a Word document (this doesn't happen with
other products - only Word), the system tries to open it in Word 2000
which it can't find. How can I make it open in Word 2007? I can open
it by first opening Word 2007 and then opening the document, but not
by just clicking on the document name. I have tried resetting the
default program, pointing to Word 2007 in the 'open file with
program', and regedit (although I didn't find anything to change
there.)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GreyGhost13 GreyGhost13 is offline

Thank you. I guess I forgot to uninstall Office 2000. When I did that,
everything worked fine. I appreciate the help.