Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NAV NAV is offline

Default When autodate used, how to know when doc was originally written.

an old doc shows me today's date as "update automatically" was used for
inserting date. Can I find out original date when it was written. tracking
was not enabled; properties does not help, as changes were made to the other
pages of that doc subsequently; but not the page with auto date insert. Pease
help
--
NAVAN
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Replace the DATE field, which updates to show the current system date, with
a CREATEDATE field, which shows the date the document was created: Press
Alt+F9. You'll see a field code similar to this: { DATE \@ "M/d/yy" }.
Change the DATE part to CREATEDATE. Press F9 to update. Press Alt+F9 to hide
the field codes again.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"NAV" wrote in message
an old doc shows me today's date as "update automatically" was used for
inserting date. Can I find out original date when it was written. tracking
was not enabled; properties does not help, as changes were made to the
other
pages of that doc subsequently; but not the page with auto date insert.
Pease
help
--
NAVAN

how do I stop autodate Greyhair Microsoft Word Help 4 January 10th 07 03:41 PM
Stupid AutoDate BK New Users 1 December 12th 06 09:11 AM
How do I UNMARK regions that I originally protected? TKJONES Tables 1 August 24th 06 03:24 AM
autodate field Brurobiney Microsoft Word Help 5 February 15th 06 08:18 PM
Mailmerge entering data that is not there originally Stefan Mailmerge 2 March 25th 05 07:36 PM