Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RS RS is offline

Default Drop-Down List Box Limit

Is there any way around the limit of 25 items in a drop-down list box in
Microsoft Word 2003? I keep getting the error message: "You can have no more
than 25 items in your drop-down list box".

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 20:04:00 -0800, RS wrote:

Is there any way around the limit of 25 items in a drop-down list box in
Microsoft Word 2003? I keep getting the error message: "You can have no more
than 25 items in your drop-down list box".

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

The dropdown form field's limit of 25 can't be expanded.

To work around it, you have to create a UserForm (a custom dialog box) and put a
list box or combo box there. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306258 and
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userfo...eAUserForm.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

Here is an adapted version of the one Jay mentions. It displays the
Userform at the location of the dropdown and you can use an external data
source:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/FormField_...rm_ListBox.htm

--
Greg Maxey - Word MVP