Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wal wal is offline

Default Send toolbar to others; associate macros with its buttons

Word 2003 sp2

I've created a couple of macros that other people in the office would
find useful. It is easy enough to get the macros to them (Export the
module and save it to a common folder; the other people can then
Import the module).

But how can I do the following?

(1) Send/transfer to other people's computers the toolbar I use for
these macros. The toolbar has two buttons, one for each of two
macros.

(2) Associate the buttons with the respective macros on the other
computers (if this doesn't happen automatically).

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Create a template (.dot) that contains both the macros and the toolbar. You
can then distribute that template to other users. If the users store the
template in the Word Startup folder, the toolbar and macros will be available
to all documents.

See these articles:

What do Templates and Add-ins store?
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...latesStore.htm

Distributing macros to other users:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...buteMacros.htm

Deploy your Word macros from a central location:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...872941033.aspx

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"wal" wrote:

Word 2003 sp2

I've created a couple of macros that other people in the office would
find useful. It is easy enough to get the macros to them (Export the
module and save it to a common folder; the other people can then
Import the module).

But how can I do the following?

(1) Send/transfer to other people's computers the toolbar I use for
these macros. The toolbar has two buttons, one for each of two
macros.

(2) Associate the buttons with the respective macros on the other
computers (if this doesn't happen automatically).

Thanks.

How do I make custom buttons to assign to macros in Word 2007 Larry Microsoft Word Help 2 July 17th 07 12:08 PM
How to delete toolbar buttons I created in Word to execute macros Elizabeth Microsoft Word Help 2 March 24th 07 09:05 PM
Where does Word store custom buttons & macros? hfrank Microsoft Word Help 4 October 7th 05 05:42 PM
Macros and Buttons AlSchultz Mailmerge 5 July 14th 05 10:27 PM
Renaming buttons of created macros Al Microsoft Word Help 2 February 8th 05 10:35 AM