Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
FTG Security[_2_] FTG Security[_2_] is offline

Default Pasting Linked Object - Multi-Page Chart

I am trying to paste a fairly large excel spreadsheet to Word. When I paste
it as a linked object, it appears correctly, up to and including the "cells
to repeat at top of page" option. However, when I paste the chart in as a
linked object, the chart is copied onto a single page and the text is
unreadable (too small).

I'm using Office 2002.

Am I going to have to simply do the linkage on a page by page basis? Or is
there a way to do it so that the whole chart will appear legibly and sensibly?

Incidentally, the data from 2007 was 32 pages when done in a Word Table, and
I expect 2008 will likely be the same if not more.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Inserted objects cannot span multiple pages in Word. Perhaps you could copy
the Excel table and Paste Special as "Formatted text (RTF)," choosing the
"Paste link" option in the dialog box?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP