Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lars Lars is offline

Default Word wont convert the right fonts

I'm using two computers - one with Word 2007 and another one with Word 2000.
I have my templates with it's own spesific fonts etc. All templates are
installed on both computers, and everything comes out right except for the
fonts. When these documents are opened in Word 2000, Times New Roman, 12
will appear no matter what the templates says.

All my templates are in the 2007 format, but I have installed the files
nescessary to convert files to older versions. Is there anything I can do to
make the right fonts appear. Everything else comes out right.

--
Lars
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Have you tried setting the default font in the Word 2007 document before
opening it in Word 2000?

To set the default font in Word 2007: Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S. In the Styles
pane, click the Manage Styles button. On the Set Defaults tab, specify the
desired font.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Lars" wrote:

I'm using two computers - one with Word 2007 and another one with Word 2000.
I have my templates with it's own spesific fonts etc. All templates are
installed on both computers, and everything comes out right except for the
fonts. When these documents are opened in Word 2000, Times New Roman, 12
will appear no matter what the templates says.

All my templates are in the 2007 format, but I have installed the files
nescessary to convert files to older versions. Is there anything I can do to
make the right fonts appear. Everything else comes out right.

--
Lars

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

What fonts are you using in Word 2007 that do not display in Word 2000? Are
you sure the fonts are installed?

Also note, if you are referring to the Compatibility Pack, this is for those
who are using previous versions of Word so they can open and edit files in
the 2007 file format. You don't need to have it installed. Word 2007 has the
built-in ability to save files in the older file format without the need to
install any additional files.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton