Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KarenR KarenR is offline

Default Word 2002 compatibility update with Word 2007

the Microsoft website says they have a compatibility download to enable
Offfice 2000 or Office 2003 users to access Office 2007 documents such as
Word 2007 .docx document types. I have Word 2002, Powerpoint 2002, etc. Which
one would I use? Why doesn't the Microsoft website say which one to use for
2002 products?? Or does it not work for 2002 products?

Thank you

--
Karen R
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 19:39:01 -0800, KarenR
wrote:

the Microsoft website says they have a compatibility download to enable
Offfice 2000 or Office 2003 users to access Office 2007 documents such as
Word 2007 .docx document types. I have Word 2002, Powerpoint 2002, etc. Which
one would I use? Why doesn't the Microsoft website say which one to use for
2002 products?? Or does it not work for 2002 products?

Thank you

The compatibility pack at
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...3-C6BB74CD1466
works with Office 2002 Service Pack 3. (It also works with Office 2000 Service
Pack 3 and Office 2003 Service Pack1.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

According to
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en,
the Compatibility Pack works for Office 2000, XP, and 2003. Word 2002,
PowerPoint 2002, etc., are part of Office XP.

"KarenR" wrote in message
the Microsoft website says they have a compatibility download to enable
Offfice 2000 or Office 2003 users to access Office 2007 documents such as
Word 2007 .docx document types. I have Word 2002, Powerpoint 2002, etc.
Which
one would I use? Why doesn't the Microsoft website say which one to use
for
2002 products?? Or does it not work for 2002 products?

Thank you

--
Karen R

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Here's an excerpt from the Compatibility Pack download page:

"By installing the Compatibility Pack in addition to Microsoft Office 2000,
Office XP, or Office 2003, you will be able to open, edit, and save files
using the file formats new to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007."

Of course you would need to know Word, PPT, Excel, etc 2002 are part of
Office XP. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton

What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

"KarenR" wrote in message
the Microsoft website says they have a compatibility download to enable
Offfice 2000 or Office 2003 users to access Office 2007 documents such as
Word 2007 .docx document types. I have Word 2002, Powerpoint 2002, etc.
Which
one would I use? Why doesn't the Microsoft website say which one to use
for
2002 products?? Or does it not work for 2002 products?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

I saw your response after I posted this response. :-(

(As you know, I'm having problems sending emails/posts too soon these days.
grin)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Pretty much what I said last night. g

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
Here's an excerpt from the Compatibility Pack download page:

"By installing the Compatibility Pack in addition to Microsoft Office
2000, Office XP, or Office 2003, you will be able to open, edit, and save
files using the file formats new to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007."

Of course you would need to know Word, PPT, Excel, etc 2002 are part of
Office XP. :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Mine are often delayed rather than premature. I hate when I sit down at the
computer, hit Send and Receive, and see something being sent--something I
wrote hours earlier and neglected to send before leaving the computer
(although that wasn't the case in this instance).