Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kylie Kylie is offline

Default Word 2007: Creating your own ribbon

I am new to Office 2007 and am currently familiarising myself with using it.
Have been unable to figure out if you can create your own ribbon with your
own customisations on it?

For example, at the moment we use Word XP and we have created our own Styles
toolbar with all of the styles we've created residing on that toolbar.

Can we replicate that with a ribbon now that there is no such thing as a
toolbar? Or is there another way to emulate what I'm after?

--
Thanks ~ Kylie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

Kylie,

Yes you can customize the Ribbon. The process isn't "a piece of cake" so to
speak, but it can be done and this link offers a primer on how to do it:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Ribbon.htm

In your particular case it may be best to use the "Style Set" feature of
Word2007. You would simply add all of your styles to the Styles gallery and
then save the gallery as a Quick Style set. You could make your set the
default.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Greg Maxey - Word MVP

My web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kylie wrote:
I am new to Office 2007 and am currently familiarising myself with
using it. Have been unable to figure out if you can create your own
ribbon with your own customisations on it?

For example, at the moment we use Word XP and we have created our own
Styles toolbar with all of the styles we've created residing on that
toolbar.

Can we replicate that with a ribbon now that there is no such thing
as a toolbar? Or is there another way to emulate what I'm after?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 19:48:01 -0800, Kylie
wrote:

I am new to Office 2007 and am currently familiarising myself with using it.
Have been unable to figure out if you can create your own ribbon with your
own customisations on it?

For example, at the moment we use Word XP and we have created our own Styles
toolbar with all of the styles we've created residing on that toolbar.

Can we replicate that with a ribbon now that there is no such thing as a
toolbar? Or is there another way to emulate what I'm after?

You can use Patrick Schmid's RibbonCustomizer
(http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribbon...izer/index.php) to do this.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman