Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
The Mysterious J The Mysterious J is offline

Default How to Insert an ASCCI Escape Sequence in a Word Document

I'm trying to remember how to insert an ASCCI escape sequence into a
mailmerge doc that will result in inserting the image of a director's
signature on a check. I have not done this in a while and can't quite recall.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If the graphic is actually stored in the printer and you have to use an
escape sequence to get it to print, then in the past you may have used a
{ PRINT } field. IN essence you can specify a printer control sequence
such as esc A by using a sequence of numbers (esc = 27 and A = 65, for
example), like this

{ PRINT 27 65 }

The {} have to be the special field code braces that you can insert
using ctrl-F9. Everything else is plain text.

PRINT fields only work with printer drivers that support a particular
kind of "passthrough" - as far as I know, these days they are limited to
printers that use PostScript or PCL. If you can't do it this way, you
either have to do the obvious thing of inserting the image you want
directly in the document, or in the case of Postscript you may be able
to alter the Postscript headers that are sent to the printer at the
start of each print job. It's a long time since I've visited that
particular part of Windows though.

I can't help you with the actual coding - with any luck you will still
have a document lying around that has the right sequence in it.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk
Visit Londinium at http://www.ralphwatson.tv

The Mysterious J wrote:
I'm trying to remember how to insert an ASCCI escape sequence into a
mailmerge doc that will result in inserting the image of a director's
signature on a check. I have not done this in a while and can't quite recall.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi,

Your post seems to suggest you're trying to insert an image, presumably from a file. You can use an INCLUDEPICTURE field with an
embedded mergefield for this, but som more detail on exactly what you're trying to do would be helpful.

--
Cheers
macropod

"The Mysterious J" wrote in message
I'm trying to remember how to insert an ASCCI escape sequence into a
mailmerge doc that will result in inserting the image of a director's
signature on a check. I have not done this in a while and can't quite recall.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
The Mysterious J The Mysterious J is offline

Thank you. That was exactly the answer I was trying to jog in my memory.
That is exactly what I'm trying to do and was enough information for me to
complete this.