Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nethie Nethie is offline

Default How can I prevent greyed areas in a Word (2003) form from printing

I've designed a template and it's just great. Except that when I print out
the document form areas (text boxes, check boxes, etc) are grey! There has
just got to be some way to change that, but I haven't found it yet. HELP!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Have you clicked Off the Form Field Shading button on the Forms toolbar?

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/27/07 11:52 PM, in article
, "Nethie"
wrote:

I've designed a template and it's just great. Except that when I print out
the document form areas (text boxes, check boxes, etc) are grey! There has
just got to be some way to change that, but I haven't found it yet. HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nethie Nethie is offline

Default How can I prevent greyed areas in a Word (2003) form from prin

Thank-you CyberTaz! I'm using 2007 at home, and 2003 at work. I still can't
find the form field shading button on 2007! But when I got into work, I was
able to click it from the Form Menu and the fields aren't grey anymore!

Was just getting ready to ask about merged fields when I found a button on
the Merge Menu called Highlight Merged Fields! Oh thank goodness...

Thank-you again!

wrote:

I've designed a template and it's just great. Except that when I print out
the document form areas (text boxes, check boxes, etc) are grey! There has
just got to be some way to change that, but I haven't found it yet. HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

To access the Legacy Forms controls, you must first enable the Developer
tab if you have not already done so. Go to Office Button | Word Options |
Popular and check the box for "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon." Then click
on the Developer tab and look for the Legacy Tools button in the Controls
group. It has a Legacy Forms palette that includes almost all the buttons
from the Forms toolbar (the Lock/Unlock button is inexplicably missing),
including the Form Field Shading button.

http://word.mvps.org

news