Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Heather[_2_] Heather[_2_] is offline

Default Field for (Starting Page)?

Is there a field in Word that I can use to calculate Total Page numbers when
the starting page number is not one.
I found a help topic that explained that I needed to look up
(StartingNumber), but that is the information I would like to automate.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Use a NUMPAGES field

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Heather" Heather @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
Is there a field in Word that I can use to calculate Total Page numbers
when
the starting page number is not one.
I found a help topic that explained that I needed to look up
(StartingNumber), but that is the information I would like to automate.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Heather Heather is offline

NUMPAGES is giving me the total number of pages of the Word Document (In this
case it is 4 pages in the Word Document) . I am changing the starting page
number to 3 (so the entire Document has 7 pages). However, if I just use
NUMPAGES, and use "Page # of # format", my last page is listed as "Page 7 of
4".
is there a way to add NUMPAGES and (StartingPage) to get a total,
automatically?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Use a NUMPAGES field

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Heather" Heather @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
Is there a field in Word that I can use to calculate Total Page numbers
when
the starting page number is not one.
I found a help topic that explained that I needed to look up
(StartingNumber), but that is the information I would like to automate.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

is there a way to add NUMPAGES and (StartingPage) to get a total,

Put a bookmark on the last page of the document -- let's say you name it
LastPage. Then replace the NUMPAGES field in the footer with the field
{PAGEREF LastPage}. It will display the page number assigned to the last
page, such as 7 in your example.

Equivalently, put a bookmark (say, FirstPage) on the first numbered page.
Then the footer field would be

{ = {NUMPAGES} + {PAGEREF FirstPage} - 1 }

Each pair of field markers must be inserted by pressing Ctrl+F9, not by
typing brace characters. This does what you originally proposed, but it's
more complicated than the first way.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Heather wrote:
NUMPAGES is giving me the total number of pages of the Word Document
(In this case it is 4 pages in the Word Document) . I am changing
the starting page number to 3 (so the entire Document has 7 pages).
However, if I just use NUMPAGES, and use "Page # of # format", my
last page is listed as "Page 7 of 4".
is there a way to add NUMPAGES and (StartingPage) to get a total,
automatically?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Use a NUMPAGES field

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Heather" Heather @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
Is there a field in Word that I can use to calculate Total Page
numbers when
the starting page number is not one.
I found a help topic that explained that I needed to look up
(StartingNumber), but that is the information I would like to
automate.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Heather Heather is offline

Beautiful. Thank you!

Heather wrote:
NUMPAGES is giving me the total number of pages of the Word Document
(In this case it is 4 pages in the Word Document) . I am changing
the starting page number to 3 (so the entire Document has 7 pages).
However, if I just use NUMPAGES, and use "Page # of # format", my
last page is listed as "Page 7 of 4".
is there a way to add NUMPAGES and (StartingPage) to get a total,
automatically?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Use a NUMPAGES field

Starting a new page Jill Page Layout 4 October 13th 08 02:50 PM
Page Numbers and Section--Starting Page # after Title W. Watson New Users 3 April 24th 08 03:39 AM
How do I change the starting number in field codes? Gisele Microsoft Word Help 1 July 19th 07 06:51 AM
Problem with starting page numbering on page 3 rkbristol Page Layout 8 December 8th 05 11:25 PM
Page numbers starting after Cover Page and TOC? MusicMarth Microsoft Word Help 1 July 6th 05 05:11 PM