Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
wal wal is offline

Default First page as right-hand page in small leaflet

Word 2003

I am trying to create a leaflet on one sheet of 8-1/2 by 11 paper,
folded in half, Landscape orientation, four pages in total. I want
page 1 to appear as the cover on the right-hand side, pages 2 and 3 on
the inside facing each other, and page 4 on the back. In other words,
pages 1 and 4 would end up being printed on one side of the sheet and
pages 2 and 3 on the other.

I tried setting Page Setup/Multiple Pages to Bookfold, but you end up
with pages 1 and 2 together, and pages 3 and 4 together -- at least
that's how it appears in Print Preview.

More generally, is there a way to paginate a multi-sheet booklet along
these lines? For example, two 8-1/2 x 11 sheets folded in half to
give a total of 8 pages. Sheet 1 would have pages 1 & 8 on one side,
pages 2 & 7 on the other side; sheet 2 would have pages 3 & 6, and 4 &
5.

I suspect there's a simple way to do what I want but I'm just missing
it.

Thanks.