Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
AmyCM AmyCM is offline

Default Messed up page numbers

I have a 264 page document that I need continuing page numbers on. About
half-way through my document, the page numbers have started over, and they
start over with each new chapter after that point in the manuscript. Any
ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

From that point on in the manuscript, the page numbers must be formated to
start from 1 rather than continue from previous section. Use Ctrl+A to
select the document and then access the Format Page Number dialog and check
the radio button for Continue from previous section.

To access the Format Page Number dialog:

In Word 2003 and earlier, select Page Numbers from the Insert menu and then
click on the Format Page Number dialog. After making the change, then click
on OK and then on Close when you get back to the Page Numbers dialog.

In Word 2007, on the Insert tab of the Ribbon, click on the Page Number
pulldown in the Header & Footer section of the Ribbon and then click on the
Format page numbers item.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.