Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ko77 ko77 is offline

Default curser bar shape change in Word

Once upon a time in Word. My cursor used to always look like the cross
section of an I beam. Now it is often looks like a short thick shapeless
"l". Why do I get it? How do I get rid of it and go back to the default
cursor? Cannot get a clue anywhere.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

I'm not sure your memory isn't playing tricks on you :-)

The cursor (or Insertion Point) which blinks & moves along as you type has
typically displayed as a vertical bar since the graphic UI came along. It's
the mouse pointer which looks like an I-Beam when you point to text content.

This may have been different in some version of Word once upon a time but it
would have been long ago. At any rate, there is no setting or provision in
Word for modifying it.

It's possible that there may have been a setting in the Windows Mouse
Control Panel or elsewhere in OS settings - perhaps that's what you recall.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 3/1/09 11:06 PM, in article