Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dr Jay Dr Jay is offline

Default How to import custom lists from Excel 7 to Word 7?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

The idea is to use this space to explain in some detail what you want to do.

In the absence of any other information, I would just suggest using Copy and
Paste.

If that is not suitable, tell us exactly what you want to do and explain
what you mean by "custom lists"

You might also tell us whether by Excel 7 and Word 7 you mean Excel 2007 and
Word 2007.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dr Jay[_2_] Dr Jay[_2_] is offline

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsof" wrote:

The idea is to use this space to explain in some detail what you want to do.

In the absence of any other information, I would just suggest using Copy and
Paste.

If that is not suitable, tell us exactly what you want to do and explain
what you mean by "custom lists"

You might also tell us whether by Excel 7 and Word 7 you mean Excel 2007 and
Word 2007.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Dr Jay" Dr wrote in message

Many thanks for your interest.

I want to number paragraphs in Word 7 with the following sequence:
[001]
[002]
[003]
[004]
[005]
[006]
[007]
[008]
[009]
[010]
[011]
[012]
That is a three digit number padded with zeroes on the left and enclosed in
square braces.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

I am not sure where Excel need to come into it. You can define a list style
with numbering in the format 01, 02, 03 with the number preceded by [0 and
followed by ], which will allow you to deal with up to 99 paragraphs.

If you need more paragraphs than that, you can use SEQ fields with a \#
"[000]" switch