Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ADavid ADavid is offline

Default Omit last page in Page count

Hi,

Is there a way that I could omit the last page in the page count. ie.
If I have a doc with 5 pages, I want to number the pages this way: 1
of 4, 2 of 4, 3 of 4. not taking in count the last page.

Thanks for the help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

ADavid wrote:
Hi,

Is there a way that I could omit the last page in the page count. ie.
If I have a doc with 5 pages, I want to number the pages this way: 1
of 4, 2 of 4, 3 of 4. not taking in count the last page.

Thanks for the help

If you know that you need to exclude exactly one page, you can edit the
field code that provides that number.

First press Alt+F9 to expand field codes. You should see

Page {PAGE} of {NUMPAGES}

Type an equal sign to the left of the opening brace of {NUMPAGES} and
ype -1 to the right of the closing brace:

Page {PAGE} of ={NUMPAGES}-1

Select everything from the equal sign to the 1 (but no more) and press
Ctrl+F9 to make it into the field code for a formula field:

Page {PAGE} of {={NUMPAGES}-1}

Note that you can't make field braces by typing { } characters on the
keyboard; you must use Ctrl+F9.

Now press Alt+F9 again to collapse the field codes. You should have the
result you wanted.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ADavid ADavid is offline

Thanks Jay,

It worked ust fine, I'll have to lear to use those fields.

Thanks again!

On 16 feb, 18:19, "Jay Freedman" wrote:
ADavid wrote:
[...]

Microsoft Word MVP * * * *FAQ:http://word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DaniMa DaniMa is offline

I had this same problem, and Jay you have answered it perfectly. Thanks for
explaining things in a way people like me, who just use Word basically to
write letters, can understand!

Cheers!