Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
eyeday eyeday is offline

Default numbering chapters /sections as well as pages in footers

I posted this same question/message with a different subject line (headers
and footers sections). I think the new subject line is more accurate.

I generate Tables of Contents from documents. What I'm trying to do is add a
section or chapter number before the page number. I want it to look like 1-1,
1-2, 1-3 (Section 1-page 1, Section 1-page 2, Section 1-page 3, etc.). The
page numbering is not the problem, the section # is the challenging part.
Right now, I am simply inputting the section number and hypen manually, so
when I generate the TOC, I have to add it manually there, as well. Anyone
have a solution out there? I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

See the answer to your earlier question with the subject "headers and
footers sections"

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"eyeday" wrote in message
I posted this same question/message with a different subject line (headers
and footers sections). I think the new subject line is more accurate.

I generate Tables of Contents from documents. What I'm trying to do is add
section or chapter number before the page number. I want it to look like
1-1,
1-2, 1-3 (Section 1-page 1, Section 1-page 2, Section 1-page 3, etc.). The
page numbering is not the problem, the section # is the challenging part.
Right now, I am simply inputting the section number and hypen manually, so
when I generate the TOC, I have to add it manually there, as well. Anyone
have a solution out there? I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you use multilevel list/outline numbering (you didn't say which version of
Word) for at least the section or chapter heading, you'll be able to add the
chapter number to the page number via modify page number. Once that is done,
Word will be able to generate chapter-page numbers in the TOC.

PamC

Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com wrote:
See the answer to your earlier question with the subject "headers and
footers sections"

I posted this same question/message with a different subject line (headers
and footers sections). I think the new subject line is more accurate.

[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]