Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Gilles Gilles is offline

Default How do I set the number of characters per line and lines per page

Using Word 2007, I have to comply to certain rules for my work. These are :
there must be 60 characters (including spaces and punctuation) per line and
25 lines per page... How can I specify that to Word ?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

By calculating the image area and setting the page margins to fit. But you
also need to know the line spacing and font point size (or more likely for
those specifications, pitch).

PamC

Gilles wrote:
Using Word 2007, I have to comply to certain rules for my work. These are :
there must be 60 characters (including spaces and punctuation) per line and
25 lines per page... How can I specify that to Word ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

You will need to use a monospaced font, eg Courier where all letters (and
punctuation) occupy the same amount of space.
--
Rae Drysdale