Muffin

Default How to prevent Normal.dot popup when Outlook or Word is launched?

I recently re-installed Microsoft Office 2003, now every time I launch Word
or Outlook I get a pop up window that says," The global template, NORMAL.DOT,
is already open as an add-in program." I have to close the pop up before
proceeding.
Charles Kenyon

Your Word Startup folder must be a different folder than your user templates
folder! If both are set for the same folder you will get this (and possibly
other bizarre) message. For more on the different kinds of templates, tabs
on the file new dialog, and locations of templates folders see
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.