Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jasdeep

Default Insert another file into an open document

Insert another file into an open document

1. Click where you want to insert the second document.
2. On the Insert menu, click Insert File.
3. To insert only part of a Microsoft Excel worksheet, click Range, and then
type a cell range in the Range box.

PROBLEM
I am having a problem with step 3 above. After I type a cell range(e.g. B2,
or e.g. A1:B3) into the range box then select insert, a File Conversion
dialogue box appears. So at this point, Word is having difficulty in
inserting excel cells.

Can someone please assist/ guide me correctly, thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You might try using a named range. But is the "file conversion" box asking
you how you want to connect to Excel? You'll probably get this dialog only
if you have "Confirm conversion at Open" checked on the General tab of Tools
| Options. OLEDB is the standard connection method for Word 2002 and above,
but if you need DDE (to preserve number formatting), you can choose that.