Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Rick
 
Posts: n/a
Default Hyperlink field codes show up in document

Hi:
I copy and paste hyperlinks into a Word 2003 document. Save. When I open
it in a day or so, hyperlink field codes show up. However, cannot get rid of
them by clicking off anything suggested in this thread so far.

Here is a example:
The 1960's. 5 April 2005 HYPERLINK
"http://www.kyrene.k12.az.us/schools/brisas/sunda/decade/1960.htm"
http://www.kyrene.k12.az.us/schools/...ecade/1960.htm .

Unfortunately, this does not show the little boxes that appear. There is
one before the word HYPERLINK, two boxes before http, and one after htm [not
the one with the " " around it.

Any ideas would be helpful. This is on a Citrix network using WinXP Prof.
Thanks
  #2   Report Post  
Bob Buckland ?:-\)
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi Rick,

As this is a new thread, not quite sure what you're
referring to but use Alt+F9 to toggle between
fieldcodes and results display in a Word document
and check the settings in Tools=Options=View

========
"Rick" wrote in message ...
Hi:
I copy and paste hyperlinks into a Word 2003 document. Save. When I open
it in a day or so, hyperlink field codes show up. However, cannot get rid of
them by clicking off anything suggested in this thread so far.

Here is a example:
The 1960's. 5 April 2005 HYPERLINK
"http://www.kyrene.k12.az.us/schools/brisas/sunda/decade/1960.htm"
http://www.kyrene.k12.az.us/schools/...ecade/1960.htm .

Unfortunately, this does not show the little boxes that appear. There is
one before the word HYPERLINK, two boxes before http, and one after htm [not
the one with the " " around it.

Any ideas would be helpful. This is on a Citrix network using WinXP Prof.
Thanks
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends*

Office 2003 Editions explained
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/office/editions.mspx


  #3   Report Post  
Rick
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Alt+F9 does not work for these. Other links in the document do work and I
can see/hide the { }, but where the { or } is on the non-working links like
the one that I copied and pasted, there are little boxes.
Any ideas?
Rick

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Rick,

As this is a new thread, not quite sure what you're
referring to but use Alt+F9 to toggle between
fieldcodes and results display in a Word document
and check the settings in Tools=Options=View

========
"Rick" wrote in message ...
Hi:
I copy and paste hyperlinks into a Word 2003 document. Save. When I open
it in a day or so, hyperlink field codes show up. However, cannot get rid of
them by clicking off anything suggested in this thread so far.

Here is a example:
The 1960's. 5 April 2005 HYPERLINK
"http://www.kyrene.k12.az.us/schools/brisas/sunda/decade/1960.htm"
http://www.kyrene.k12.az.us/schools/...ecade/1960.htm .

Unfortunately, this does not show the little boxes that appear. There is
one before the word HYPERLINK, two boxes before http, and one after htm [not
the one with the " " around it.

Any ideas would be helpful. This is on a Citrix network using WinXP Prof.
Thanks
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends*

Office 2003 Editions explained
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/office/editions.mspx



  #4   Report Post  
Bob Buckland ?:-\)
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi Rick,

What is the source of the hyperlinks you're pasting?
It could be a language or font issue or an AOL hyperlink
causing it.

If you use Edit=Paste Special when pasting from the source
what is the default paste format coming up and what happens
if you use unformatted text?

In Tools=Autocorrect options is the option turned on to
convert links to hyperlinks?

========
"Rick" wrote in message ...
Alt+F9 does not work for these. Other links in the document do work and I
can see/hide the { }, but where the { or } is on the non-working links like
the one that I copied and pasted, there are little boxes.
Any ideas?
Rick
--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends*


  #5   Report Post  
Charles Kenyon
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Assuming you actually have the language for Word field codes, you could
recreate them by replacing the boxes with actual field braces. You would
manually select the text between two boxes and press Ctrl-F9 to insert a
pair of field braces. Then delete the boxes. Press F9 and see what happens.
--
Charles Kenyon

Word New User FAQ & Web Directory: http://addbalance.com/word

Intermediate User's Guide to Microsoft Word (supplemented version of
Microsoft's Legal Users' Guide) http://addbalance.com/usersguide

See also the MVP FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/word which is awesome!
--------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------
This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post replies
and questions to the newsgroup so that others can learn
from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Rick" wrote in message
...
Alt+F9 does not work for these. Other links in the document do work and I
can see/hide the { }, but where the { or } is on the non-working links
like
the one that I copied and pasted, there are little boxes.
Any ideas?
Rick

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Rick,

As this is a new thread, not quite sure what you're
referring to but use Alt+F9 to toggle between
fieldcodes and results display in a Word document
and check the settings in Tools=Options=View

========
"Rick" wrote in message
...
Hi:
I copy and paste hyperlinks into a Word 2003 document. Save. When I
open
it in a day or so, hyperlink field codes show up. However, cannot get
rid of
them by clicking off anything suggested in this thread so far.

Here is a example:
The 1960's. 5 April 2005 HYPERLINK
"http://www.kyrene.k12.az.us/schools/brisas/sunda/decade/1960.htm"
http://www.kyrene.k12.az.us/schools/...ecade/1960.htm .

Unfortunately, this does not show the little boxes that appear. There is
one before the word HYPERLINK, two boxes before http, and one after htm
[not
the one with the " " around it.

Any ideas would be helpful. This is on a Citrix network using WinXP
Prof.
Thanks
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends*

Office 2003 Editions explained
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/office/editions.mspx







  #6   Report Post  
Rick
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi Bob:
The sources are URLs from anywhere on the Internet. My students are
creating Works Cited pages in Word for a project.

The default paste format is unformated unicode text.
Unformated text has the same result, that is, copy URL from the Address
line, paste it into a Word doc, press enter several times to change it from
text to URL link.

Yes, the option is turned on to convert links to hyperlinks.
Thanks
Rick

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Rick,

What is the source of the hyperlinks you're pasting?
It could be a language or font issue or an AOL hyperlink
causing it.

If you use Edit=Paste Special when pasting from the source
what is the default paste format coming up and what happens
if you use unformatted text?

In Tools=Autocorrect options is the option turned on to
convert links to hyperlinks?

========
"Rick" wrote in message ...
Alt+F9 does not work for these. Other links in the document do work and I
can see/hide the { }, but where the { or } is on the non-working links like
the one that I copied and pasted, there are little boxes.
Any ideas?
Rick
--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends*



  #7   Report Post  
Rick
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi:
I tried your idea, however, I cannot manually select the text between the
boxes. The cursor just jumps to the beginning or end without highlighting.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Rick

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

Assuming you actually have the language for Word field codes, you could
recreate them by replacing the boxes with actual field braces. You would
manually select the text between two boxes and press Ctrl-F9 to insert a
pair of field braces. Then delete the boxes. Press F9 and see what happens.
--
Charles Kenyon

Word New User FAQ & Web Directory: http://addbalance.com/word

Intermediate User's Guide to Microsoft Word (supplemented version of
Microsoft's Legal Users' Guide) http://addbalance.com/usersguide

See also the MVP FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/word which is awesome!
--------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------
This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post replies
and questions to the newsgroup so that others can learn
from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Rick" wrote in message
...
Alt+F9 does not work for these. Other links in the document do work and I
can see/hide the { }, but where the { or } is on the non-working links
like
the one that I copied and pasted, there are little boxes.
Any ideas?
Rick

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Rick,

As this is a new thread, not quite sure what you're
referring to but use Alt+F9 to toggle between
fieldcodes and results display in a Word document
and check the settings in Tools=Options=View

========
"Rick" wrote in message
...
Hi:
I copy and paste hyperlinks into a Word 2003 document. Save. When I
open
it in a day or so, hyperlink field codes show up. However, cannot get
rid of
them by clicking off anything suggested in this thread so far.

Here is a example:
The 1960's. 5 April 2005 HYPERLINK
"http://www.kyrene.k12.az.us/schools/brisas/sunda/decade/1960.htm"
http://www.kyrene.k12.az.us/schools/...ecade/1960.htm .

Unfortunately, this does not show the little boxes that appear. There is
one before the word HYPERLINK, two boxes before http, and one after htm
[not
the one with the " " around it.

Any ideas would be helpful. This is on a Citrix network using WinXP
Prof.
Thanks
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends*

Office 2003 Editions explained
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/office/editions.mspx






Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MULTIPLE INSTANCES OF THE SAME BOOKMARK IN A USER FORM Carol Microsoft Word Help 20 October 3rd 06 12:41 AM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
Can I show the docproperties of a document next to it's hyperlink. Tom_Illingworth Microsoft Word Help 5 February 2nd 05 02:30 AM
Hyperlink bug Jimbo Microsoft Word Help 0 February 1st 05 08:15 PM
Text Form Field Ref in Footer Won't Update on Screen StarWine Microsoft Word Help 3 December 6th 04 07:17 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:33 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2023 Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Microsoft Word"