Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
vhead99

Default open a template as a .doc, via a hyperlink

How can I use a hyperlink to open an MS Word template (.dot) as a Word
document (.doc). Each time I try it opens the Template as a template
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

http://addbalance.com/word/templatesmenu.htm#Hyperlinks
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"vhead99" wrote in message
How can I use a hyperlink to open an MS Word template (.dot) as a Word
document (.doc). Each time I try it opens the Template as a template

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?dmhlYWQ5OQ==?=,

How can I use a hyperlink to open an MS Word template (.dot) as a Word
document (.doc). Each time I try it opens the Template as a template

You cannot. Hyperlinks do only one thing: they open the specified file.

You could use a Macrobutton field (instead of a hyperlink) to provide a
"click-to-create-new-document" facility in your text. Create the macro
(see below) in the document, then use the Insert/Field command to create
the MacroButton field that calls the macro.

Sub CreateNewDoc
Documents.Add "C:\Pathinfo\filename.dot"
End Sub

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Actually you can. It takes a hyperlink to a shortcut, but it works.
http://addbalance.com/word/templatesmenu.htm#Hyperlinks
http://support.microsoft.com/default...us;278627&FR=1
No macro is required.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

Hi ?B?dmhlYWQ5OQ==?=,

How Come? Michael Koerner Mailmerge 9 February 10th 06 10:29 PM
unable to open zipped .doc attachment MOB Microsoft Word Help 1 September 28th 05 03:15 PM
HOW TO OPEN THE TEMPLATE BOX FROM WORD OPEN PROGRAM? mthayes62 Microsoft Word Help 2 September 26th 05 07:12 PM
Run-time error when trying to open a customized document template Wordnewbie Microsoft Word Help 1 July 8th 05 03:56 PM
How to open a Word template (.doc) in a html link BluesBrother Microsoft Word Help 1 April 30th 05 10:25 AM