Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pam Coleman

Default certificates

I have inserted a powerpoint certificate into word so I could use a mail
merge to automatically add the names and dates, but I cannot get inside the
certificate to add the mail merge fields, any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Why don't you just do the work in PowerPoint? (Please bear in mind that my
PowerPoint skills are rather pitiful at best.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Pam Coleman" wrote in message
I have inserted a powerpoint certificate into word so I could use a mail
merge to automatically add the names and dates, but I cannot get inside
the
certificate to add the mail merge fields, any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

You will not be able to manage this as you envisage. Set the Powerpoint
object layout to behind text and create your merge document over the top of
it, maybe by using a borderless table to place the fields..

Pam Coleman wrote:
I have inserted a powerpoint certificate into word so I could use a
mail merge to automatically add the names and dates, but I cannot get
inside the certificate to add the mail merge fields, any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pam Coleman

The reason I was trying to do this in word because I will have a database of
2000 names and it seemed easier to do a merge. The problem is not being able
to get inside the text box to add the fields. Thanks,

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Why don't you just do the work in PowerPoint? (Please bear in mind that my
PowerPoint skills are rather pitiful at best.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Pam Coleman" wrote in message
I have inserted a powerpoint certificate into word so I could use a mail
merge to automatically add the names and dates, but I cannot get inside
the
certificate to add the mail merge fields, any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SVC

Here would be my workaround:

The graphics portion of the certificate is probably a part of the Slide
Master. The text portion is probably found in various text boxes on the
slide level.

In PPT, View Slide Master, and select the graphics. Open a Word file and
set up the page as you would like it (landscape?), then paste the graphics in
the header (creates a background in Word) and adjust position as appropriate.

In PPT, View Normal, select all the the contents of the slide and copy.
In Word, paste the contents into the page (not header). Adjust the layout as
needed.

You can now add your merge fields in the text boxes and run your merge.

"Pam Coleman" wrote:

I have inserted a powerpoint certificate into word so I could use a mail
merge to automatically add the names and dates, but I cannot get inside the
certificate to add the mail merge fields, any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

SVC wrote:
You can now add your merge fields in the text boxes and run your
merge.

Text boxes that contain merge fields do not work predictably. Use a table or
frame instead.