Daniel

Default Template selector for SharePoint document libraries

We try to make a Template selector for SharePoint Document Libraries. This
selector should be opened by pressing New Document in each Document
Library. Then the User can select the appropriate template which well open
Word, Excel or Powerpoint with a new document based on the selected template.
So far it works fine but when the user try to save the new file the default
path is always the path set in Tools - Options - File Locations -
Documents.
We try to use the following (only in MS Word):
Options.DefaultFilePath(WdDefaultFilePath.wdCurren tFolderPath) =
"http://our_portal/our_doclib/"
Is read only

Options.DefaultFilePath(WdDefaultFilePath.wdDocume ntsPath) =
"http://our_portal/our_doclib/"
this works but it changes also the Tools - Options - File Locations -
Documents Path for all other Word sessions.

ChangeFileOpenDirectory "http://our_portal/our_doclib/"
Results in Path not found My bay this works only with local or network
paths?

ChDir "http://our_portal/our_doclib/"
Same as above

Has anybody an Idea how we can set the default save path only for the actual
document to a URL (Document Library in SharePoint)?

--
Daniel
Shauna Kelly

Hi Daniel

I suggest you post your question to one of the Sharepoint newsgroups.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word