Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve

Default Word created document; but would like to add "excell" style simple

Hi all.
I am an MSCE, and Cisco cert, but I am getting a headache trying to figure
this out. I have a very simple word doc, created in word 2003. Within that
doc, I simply have the need to pull a date via a colander, a clients name
from a separate data base, and then 15 "simple" sums. Each sum is either an
addition, subtraction, or a grand total, and each sum in $ as well.
The staff has been creating this form by using a calculator each time, and
it makes no sense to me. I know it can be automated, but being a simple
MSCE, and CCNP, I really haven't got the clue. I've attached the doc, and
all the red is what I feel can be automateted. Any suggestions? Please?
Thanks a lot!

All of the $ ammounts, and xxx's are the sums I need to tabulate.
If I can add any more informatrion, please feel free to email me directly.
Angain, thanks so very much!

PURSUANT TO CIVIL CODE SECTION 1950.5, Agent, on the 6th day of May, 2006,
hereby furnished the following Statement of Disposition of Security Deposit
monies to Former Resident (s):
Name:XXXXX XXXXXXX
For the premises located at:XXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX
Date Notice Given: XXX_____Move in Date: XXXX_____Actual Move out:
__XXXXX______
Date of Inspection:___XXXXX______Inspected By: XXX XXXXX
Former Residents new address: XXX XXXXX XX
XXXX XXXXX XXXXXX

1. Amount held as Security Deposit $ X,000,00

2. Less Deductions for:

A. Rent due from through
( _1 -31_______days at $ xxxxxx per day) ($XXX.XX)
B. Charges for unpaid portion in failure to give

Required notice per Lease/State law $XX.XX
C. Unpaid Utility Bills $XX.XX
D. Key/Lock replacement charge $X.XX

3. Damage Expenses Beyond Reasonable wear and tear
A. Painting $X.XX
B. Carpet Cleaning $X.XX
C. Drapery/Blind cleaning $XX.XX
D. Additional Cleaning $XXX.XX
E. Other damages €“ $N/A

4. Other Charges - $ N/A

TOTAL SECUIRTY DEPOSIT $ X,XXX.XX
TOTAL CHARGES (DEDUCTIONS) $ X,XXX.XX

REFUND DUE TENANT $ X,XXX,XX
AMOUNT DUE TO OWNER/AGENT $ X,XXX.XX

Date Disposition due: 00/00/2020 Required Mailing date 00/00/2020
Date Disposition completed: 00/00/2020 Prepared by XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Date forwarded to accounting: 00/00/2020 Property account number : XXXXX

CUT HERE

Residents name: John Doe and Sally Smith
Property address: 1234 Main St Anytown, CA 23456

Make Check Payable to:

You and me
1234 maryland, Hightowne
USA

****PAYMENT DUE TO MANAGEMENT WITHIN 30 DAYS*****

Sincerely,
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

First, pick all the dried-up bits of pasta out of your colander.

Then, make a decision about whether you want to be using macros for this.
It's easy enough coding, but macros add a lot of maintenance overhead, and
are a complete no-no on some corporate networks.

Without macros, Word's ability to do sums directly with document content is
*very* limited. You can use bookmarks and calculation fields; or you can put
the numbers in tables. In both cases, the presence of dollar signs will
interfere -- Word is not able to interpret an embellished string as a
numeric value. And given the obvious legal significance of the document,
field calculations are maybe not reliable enough anyway -- there's a risk
that the user will inadvertently displace a bookmark.

Given the simplicity of the document, I'd suggest doing it entirely in
Excel -- you can hide all the gridlines etc, and use any fonts and sizes, so
the document will look exactly as it would in Word; the calculations are
trivial to set up, and you'll be a lot more confident that the numbers are
correct.

news

Date Notice Given: XXX_____Move in Date: XXXX_____Actual Move out:
__XXXXX______
Date of Inspection:___XXXXX______Inspected By: XXX XXXXX
Former Resident's new address: XXX XXXXX XX
XXXX XXXXX XXXXXX

1. Amount held as Security Deposit $ X,000,00

2. Less Deductions for:

A. Rent due from through
( _1 -31_______days at $ xxxxxx per day) ($XXX.XX)
B. Charges for unpaid portion in failure to give

Required notice per Lease/State law $XX.XX
C. Unpaid Utility Bills $XX.XX
D. Key/Lock replacement charge $X.XX

3. Damage Expenses Beyond Reasonable wear and tear
A. Painting $X.XX
B. Carpet Cleaning $X.XX
C. Drapery/Blind cleaning $XX.XX
D. Additional Cleaning $XXX.XX
E. Other damages - $N/A

4. Other Charges - $ N/A

TOTAL SECUIRTY DEPOSIT $ X,XXX.XX
TOTAL CHARGES (DEDUCTIONS) $ X,XXX.XX

REFUND DUE TENANT $ X,XXX,XX
AMOUNT DUE TO OWNER/AGENT $ X,XXX.XX

Date Disposition due: 00/00/2020 Required Mailing date 00/00/2020
Date Disposition completed: 00/00/2020 Prepared by XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Date forwarded to accounting: 00/00/2020 Property account number : XXXXX

CUT HERE

Resident's name: John Doe and Sally Smith
Property address: 1234 Main St Anytown, CA 23456

Make Check Payable to:

You and me
1234 maryland, Hightowne
USA

****PAYMENT DUE TO MANAGEMENT WITHIN 30 DAYS*****

Sincerely,
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve

Default Word created document; but would like to add "excell" style si

Jezebel,
Thank you for the iformation. Makes a lot of sense to me. Now, question
is, where would be a good place for a fixer, and not a user, learn to do a
"speadsheat such as I described, without the gridlines, and my desired fonts,
etc.
I feel really silly asking this / these questions, but I turuly am at a
loss. Want me to come fix your computer in return? lol
Thanks again!

Steve

Date Notice Given: XXX_____Move in Date: XXXX_____Actual Move out:
__XXXXX______
Date of Inspection:___XXXXX______Inspected By: XXX XXXXX
Former Resident's new address: XXX XXXXX XX
XXXX XXXXX XXXXXX

1. Amount held as Security Deposit $ X,000,00

2. Less Deductions for:

A. Rent due from through
( _1 -31_______days at $ xxxxxx per day) ($XXX.XX)
B. Charges for unpaid portion in failure to give

Required notice per Lease/State law $XX.XX
C. Unpaid Utility Bills $XX.XX
D. Key/Lock replacement charge $X.XX

3. Damage Expenses Beyond Reasonable wear and tear
A. Painting $X.XX
B. Carpet Cleaning $X.XX
C. Drapery/Blind cleaning $XX.XX
D. Additional Cleaning $XXX.XX