Wowbagger

Default Autoupdate cross reference fields

I am using Word 2003 and am attempting to combine two separate documents
into one. Each of these documents is a form that accepts user input, and
there is some duplication between the two.

I am to the point where I type the data into the first instance of that
particular field in the document and can click on the second location and
press F9 and the field is then populated with the same value as the first
instance. How do I eliminate the need to click within the field and press
F9?

Thank you

Greg

First for some ideas on your overall project, see:

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm

If you are using a protected form, then make sure that "calculate on
exit" is checked in your entry formfield setup dialog.

Wowbagger

Thanks. I found exactly what I needed and it works perfectly.

One other question: how do I change the font of the text in the
automatically updating field? It is copying the font / size of the text in
the field the user populates but (if possible) I would like it to appear
differently.

"Greg" wrote in message
oups.com...
First for some ideas on your overall project, see:

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm

If you are using a protected form, then make sure that "calculate on
exit" is checked in your entry formfield setup dialog.

Charles Kenyon

Use a CharFormat switch on the duplication field.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Wowbagger" none wrote in message
Thanks. I found exactly what I needed and it works perfectly.

One other question: how do I change the font of the text in the
automatically updating field? It is copying the font / size of the text
in the field the user populates but (if possible) I would like it to
appear differently.

oups.com...