Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Curt Curt is offline

Default merge field problem

I do all things for merge from excel yet when it comes to insert fields it
comes up automerge 0,1,2,3. Instead of the fields I asked for. When typing
this I just thought maybe I think i tried it data field include headers cells
in excel sheet Exampel row 3 is the headers in excel so when I select in word
I select F4:I7 this is small area till I get it to work. Need to get data
fields to show for insert field
Thanks much
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Delete the first two rows in the spreadsheet so that the field names are in
the first row.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Curt" wrote in message
I do all things for merge from excel yet when it comes to insert fields it
comes up automerge 0,1,2,3. Instead of the fields I asked for. When typing
this I just thought maybe I think i tried it data field include headers
cells
in excel sheet Exampel row 3 is the headers in excel so when I select in
word
I select F4:I7 this is small area till I get it to work. Need to get data
fields to show for insert field
Thanks much

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Curt Curt is offline

Did as suggested to no avail. I have this excel sheet and word macro in three
locations for my protection when I goof. I checked all locations have first
row titles now. I was playing with layout when I took them from row1. Another
problem that may be related is in one instance word cannot find file when
told location.
Thanks for your responce.

"Curt" wrote in message
I do all things for merge from excel yet when it comes to insert fields it
comes up automerge 0,1,2,3. Instead of the fields I asked for. When typing
this I just thought maybe I think i tried it data field include headers
cells
in excel sheet Exampel row 3 is the headers in excel so when I select in
word
I select F4:I7 this is small area till I get it to work. Need to get data
fields to show for insert field
Thanks much

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Curt Curt is offline

ignore my last post. Useing your info found it was me asking the wrong
question in another part.
What would dummies like me do without you guys.
Thanks again

"Curt" wrote in message
I do all things for merge from excel yet when it comes to insert fields it
comes up automerge 0,1,2,3. Instead of the fields I asked for. When typing
this I just thought maybe I think i tried it data field include headers
cells
in excel sheet Exampel row 3 is the headers in excel so when I select in
word
I select F4:I7 this is small area till I get it to work. Need to get data
fields to show for insert field
Thanks much

Problem with merge data to word document merge field DB Microsoft Word Help 1 September 14th 06 11:18 PM
Merge field problem Param Mailmerge 4 April 14th 06 03:04 AM
Blank merge field problem........Still! Visionary Soup Mailmerge 1 September 14th 05 09:50 PM
Insert Merge Field problem with Word-Mail Merge from Excel documen Augusta E. Microsoft Word Help 2 June 20th 05 10:59 AM
Mail Merge Field Problem Bob Carlton Mailmerge 5 April 1st 05 09:37 AM