Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rich W Rich W is offline

Default Print a full page of labels for each person

I am trying to print a full page of the same labels for each person. My data
source is Excel. So far I can only come up with having 20 (a full page) of
occurances of the same person in the spreadsheet. I have 100's of people. Is
there a way of having the merge print a full page for each person without
working in the datasource?
Thanks,
--
Rich W
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Start the label merge as normal
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm and then when you
get to the point where you add your fields into the first label, before
propagating, change the document type from mailing label to letters.
Complete that first label as normal, then copy the label and select the
whole table and paste. DO NOT ADD ANY NEXT RECORD FIELDS!!!This will paste
that label to each of the others. Merge to a new document or the printer.

Alternatively propagate the labels and use replace to remove all the Next
record fields ie press ALT+F9 to toggle the display search for
^d NEXT
replace with nothing
then change the document type to letters so that you don't accidentally put
back the next record fields. Toggle the display again ALT+F9 and merge.

Rich W wrote:
I am trying to print a full page of the same labels for each person.
My data source is Excel. So far I can only come up with having 20 (a
full page) of occurances of the same person in the spreadsheet. I
have 100's of people. Is there a way of having the merge print a full
page for each person without working in the datasource?
Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Graham,

When you select a label type mail merge main document and then select the
type of label, the Next Record fields, while not initially visible are
already in each of the cells of table other than the first cell.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Rich W wrote:
I am trying to print a full page of the same labels for each person.
My data source is Excel. So far I can only come up with having 20 (a
full page) of occurances of the same person in the spreadsheet. I
have 100's of people. Is there a way of having the merge print a full
page for each person without working in the datasource?
Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

True - but it doesn't affect the basic premise. The quoted web page also
covers the issue of starting from a label template, which will not have next
record fields. Even when set as a label merge such a document does not have
Next fields automatically inserted. It is only when you start the whole
shebang as a label merge and pick the document from the label wizard task
pane that you get Next fields added by default.

Hopefully the OP will get the point that it is the Next fields that are not
wanted ?

Rich W wrote:
I am trying to print a full page of the same labels for each person.
My data source is Excel. So far I can only come up with having 20 (a
full page) of occurances of the same person in the spreadsheet. I
have 100's of people. Is there a way of having the merge print a
full page for each person without working in the datasource?
Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rich W Rich W is offline

Thanks, I got it to work. (after about 20 tries). I wouldn't have come close
without your help.
--
Rich W