Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gary[_5_] Gary[_5_] is offline

Default Looks double-spaced but Word says it's single-spaced

On Monday, February 4, 2002 at 9:16:50 AM UTC-5, Stephanie wrote:
I've got a document that I want to be single-spaced - and
that's what the formatting says it is - but it looks
double-spaced. How can I change the document so that it
looks single-spaced like Word says it is? Right now, if I
highlight the document and try to change it to single-
spaced, it remains the same. The only thing I know to try
is to copy the info to a new document, format it there,
then copy it back to the original document. Please help!

I'm having the same problem. I understand and use styles. I've built other styles off the body text style, which is built off of Normal. I have paragraphs set for single spacing, with 6pt between paragraphs.

The paragraphs of my headers are showing up as double-spaced.

The document is currently aligned to the margin, the default. I've never changed this. The only other option not grayed out is align to page.

Thanks for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] garyleedowney@gmail.com is offline

On Monday, August 14, 2017 at 3:38:01 PM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
[...]

My temporary solution is to set Body Text spacing at exactly 12pt, which looks like single spacing. Not permanent though.