Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Philma

Default How do I change the templates used by the Fax Wizard?

I like to use the Fax Wizard to generate fax cover sheets, because it allows
me to pull names and fax numbers from my Outlook Address Book. However, I
don't like the standard templates. I would like to replace the "Professional
Fax" template used by the wizard with a fax cover template I've created using
my company letterhead. I replaced "Professional Fax.dot" in the 1033 folder,
but this doesn't change the "Professional Fax" used by the Wizard. Any
suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Charles Kenyon

What happens if you put it in the "Letters and Faxes" folder of your
Workgroup templates folder? You shouldn't be putting anything in the 1033
folder.
--
For more on the different kinds of templates, tabs on the file new dialog,
and locations of templates folders see

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Philma" wrote in message
I like to use the Fax Wizard to generate fax cover sheets, because it
allows
me to pull names and fax numbers from my Outlook Address Book. However, I
don't like the standard templates. I would like to replace the
"Professional
Fax" template used by the wizard with a fax cover template I've created
using
my company letterhead. I replaced "Professional Fax.dot" in the 1033
folder,
but this doesn't change the "Professional Fax" used by the Wizard. Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

You don't even need to use the fax wizard. You can pull information from
Outlook using the method at http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm and you
simply print to the fax driver - see http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm