Norm Slutzker

Default Document map type symbols appear in all documents. Can't turn off

Every document I open or try to create shows paragraph symbols and dots for
space bar or arrows for tabs in the document.
I cannot see how to turn this off.
Please respond to if you have an answer to my problem.
I am not sure how I got to this page and don't know if I can read your
if you only answer in this forum.
I also hve lost my help info and the disc is lost.
Is there any where on the net where original help files can be downloaded?
Norm

Norm Slutzker

P.S. I am working with Word 2000