Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Daniel Schaffer Daniel Schaffer is offline

Default Blank space on first page after title

Hi,

In Word 2003, I often begin a document by typing a title for it. Then I go
on to compose the document. Occasionally I find that the title appears at
the top of the first page with only blank space after it. The first
sentence of the document begins at the top of the second page. How can I
get rid of the blank space on the first page?

Many thanks in advance for help.

Dan S

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Maybe the formatting of the first paragraph of the text is set to have a
Page Break before it. From the Format menu, select Paragraph and go to the
Line and Page Breaks tab and uncheck the box against "Page break before" and
possibly also against "Keep with next", the latter if you have a series of
similarly formatted paragraphs in the following text, for all of which you
will probably need to uncheck that box.

And of course, it is assumed that you did not press Ctrl+Enter after typing
the title as that will insert a hard page break.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP