Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
removing all headers and footers[_2_] removing all headers and footers[_2_] is offline

Default turn off page numbers

In Word 2003, how do I get rid of page numbers. The insert function does not
seem to have an off button?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
StevenM[_2_] StevenM[_2_] is offline

To: Removing,

Can you select the page number and delete it? If not, tell us more about it.

Steven Craig Miller

"removing all headers and footers" wrote:

In Word 2003, how do I get rid of page numbers. The insert function does not
seem to have an off button?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Open the header/footer, select and delete!

removing all headers and footers wrote:
In Word 2003, how do I get rid of page numbers. The insert function
does not seem to have an off button?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
removing all headers and footers[_2_] removing all headers and footers[_2_] is offline

I can click on page and the header/footer menu comes up, but there is no
place to delete in that menu!? only to add dates and such.

Is thre an MVP tutorial on how to use these !@#$% header/footer things. They
cause me periodic grief. Like on a previous question about lines becoming
pages when I use the insert page on the insert menu?

Many thanks, Joe

"StevenM" wrote:

To: Removing,

Can you select the page number and delete it? If not, tell us more about it.

Steven Craig Miller

"removing all headers and footers" wrote:

In Word 2003, how do I get rid of page numbers. The insert function does not
seem to have an off button?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
StevenM[_2_] StevenM[_2_] is offline

To: Removing,

Once you have the header/footer menu open, try moving your cursor into the
header or footer itself and selecting the page number so to delete it. If
when you open your header or footer, if the page number no longer appears for
you, try clicking on the "Show Next" icon or "Show Previous" icon or toggle
the "Switch Between Header and Footer" until you can see the page number.

While the menu can add information to your headers and/or footers, you can
edit the headers and footers yourself once they are open. In fact, even when
it adds information, it adds it to where the cursor is.

"StevenM" wrote:

To: Removing,

Can you select the page number and delete it? If not, tell us more about it.

Steven Craig Miller

"removing all headers and footers" wrote:

In Word 2003, how do I get rid of page numbers. The insert function does not
seem to have an off button?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Whilst in the header/footer view you can type or select and delete the text
it contains in just the same way that you can in the body of the document.
The controls on the toolbar will allow you to easily move between header and
footer and the headers/footers of the individual sections of the document.