Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
swampy[_2_] swampy[_2_] is offline

Default MSWord 2002 Page numbering question

I created a 1300 item DVD library index in Word 2002. Page numbering was
sequentially fine until...to cut down on the number of total index pages and
make it look nicer, I added a number of double columns in appropriate
places. It looks great, but now my page numbering is completely whacky.
Nothing is in sequence. Can I fix this problem? Thank you for a solution.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

When you format the selection in newspaper columns, Word adds continuos
section breaks, and sections also store the restart options for page
numbering. For continuous sections limited to part of a page, you will have
to temporarily insert a page break so that you can see the headers and
footers. Then, you can activate the header/footer area and use the Format
Page Number button on the Header and Footer toolbar to set the "Continue
from previous section" option for page numbering. Repeat this for each
section that (incorrectly) changes the page number.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP