Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bratsteragel Bratsteragel is offline

Default Unable to insert page numbers

I made a header, and inserted my last name, then clicked add page number.
However When I goto the top of page selection, it doesn't offer me anything,
its just kinda greyed out saying save selection as page number.

Yesterday while working on another project when I tried to enter a page
number it told me it was locked? And I just don't know how to fix this! Any
ideas? It worked fine a few days ago.....
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word version?
It can be difficult to manually insert fields if you are in Overtype mode.
Press INS and see if it works.