Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
tighe tighe is offline

Default excel merege Confirmation Dialog

All,

Whenever I run an automated merge with excel as the data source a dialog box
appears and the user has to confirm the data source. How can I avoid this?

Set objWord =
appWord.Documents.Open("G:\cmcdb\20080922_CMCDB2\D ocuments\Ext_IA_prop_cvr_and_quote.dotm")

' Set the mail merge data source as the database.
objWord.MailMerge.OpenDataSource "G:\cmcdb\Employees\" &
[Forms]![001_Start]![consultant_ini] & "\Prospect_IA_Proposal.xlsx",
LinkToSource = True, ConfirmConversions = False

' Execute the mail merge.
objWord.MailMerge.Execute

If I merge in the same manner from a rtf file no further user input is
required.
This is a cross office product issue, I run this code from access, but
thought this the best place to post. I know you can cross post issues but
not exactly sure what the "use full USENET designation" would be.

Office 2007/XP