Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PT[_3_] PT[_3_] is offline

Default Spellchecker switches language

Word 2003, Windows XP Home

Occasionally (about once every 50 – 100 documents), the Spell checker
will flag a couple of words as misspelled. The words are spelled
correctly. But it turns out that Word has, for some unknown reason,
decided that it should test these words using the French (France)
language. Thus, as an example, Word suggests as alternatives for the
English word “personal” the French words “personne” or “personale”

I've verified that the default language in Tools | language is
English.

It’s not a real problem. But I'm a curious person (personne?)

Any ideas what causes this, and why it’s so rare?