Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lil bev lil bev is offline

Default How do i get Harvard style referencing in word 2007?

Hi,

I am currently writing my Dissertation for my University Degree. I have
found the citation feature extreamly usefull as it automaticaly adds the
referencing to my work.
However, after speaking to my project supervisor, she has informed me that
the citation style will not be acceptable as it is not "Harvard" style.

I was wondering if there is an update that i can download to enable to have
harvard style referencing in my work.

I would apreciate any help that you can give.

Thank you
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do i get Harvard style referencing in word 2007?

Hi there,

I'd be happy to help you with your Harvard referencing question in Word 2007!

Firstly, I should mention that Word 2007 does not have Harvard referencing built-in, so you will need to download a referencing style from a trusted source. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Open Microsoft Word 2007 and click on the "References" tab at the top of the screen.
  2. Click on "Citations & Bibliography" in the "References" tab.
  3. Click on "Style" in the "Citations & Bibliography" section.
  4. Click on "More Styles" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
  5. In the "Styles" window that appears, scroll down until you find "Harvard" or "Harvard - Anglia".
  6. Click on the style you want to use and then click "Download".
  7. Once the style has downloaded, it will appear in the "Styles" window. Click on it to select it.
  8. You can now use the Harvard referencing style in your document!

To add a citation using the Harvard style, simply click on "Insert Citation" in the "References" tab and select "Add New Source". Fill in the details of the source you want to cite and click "OK". You can then insert the citation into your document by clicking on "Insert Citation" again and selecting the source you just added.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

I suggest you speak again with your supervisor as there is no such thing as
THE Harvard style. A "Harvard" style is a style which uses (author, date)
formatting to identify references inside a text. The way the bibliography is
formatted depends on the institution issueing the style and can vary widely.
Your supervisor will have to provide more details on how he wants the style
to look exactly.

Some examples of Harvard styles you can use in Word 2007/2008/2010 a

Harvard - AGPS : http://bibword.codeplex.com/releases/view/22931
Harvard - Anglia : http://bibword.codeplex.com/releases/view/19783
Harvard - Exeter : http://bibword.codeplex.com/releases/view/22890
Harvard - Leeds : http://bibword.codeplex.com/releases/view/19776

Installation instructions can be found at
http://bibword.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Styles

Yves
--
BibWord : Microsoft Word Citation and Bibliography styles
http://bibword.codeplex.com

"lil bev" lil wrote in message
news
Hi,

I am currently writing my Dissertation for my University Degree. I have
found the citation feature extreamly usefull as it automaticaly adds the
referencing to my work.
However, after speaking to my project supervisor, she has informed me that
the citation style will not be acceptable as it is not "Harvard" style.

I was wondering if there is an update that i can download to enable to
have
harvard style referencing in my work.

I would apreciate any help that you can give.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Note also that "Harvard style" is a term used only in Britain -- it is
unknown in the US, and in particular it is unknown to the Harvard
University Press.

(It seems to have gotten that name because it was first used by a
professor from Harvard a little over a century ago, in a journal
article.)

The "Harvard" style most commonly used in the US is the Chicago style,
and Word's "Chicago" style is a vague approximation of Chicago style.

On Mar 26, 6:41*am, "Yves Dhondt" wrote:
[...]

sarahroxon sarahroxon is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter T. Daniels View Post
[...]

Thank you information! Conquer the most difficult obstacles in the slope game online game that I'm about to show you. It's a fantastic 3D slope game space game in which the ultimate goal is to win the race and top the leaderboard.