Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul (TRX) Paul (TRX) is offline

Default Have text wrap around a picture.

I could swear there is a way to do this, but for the life of me, I cannot
remember how. We currently have a picture. It is a circle. We want the word
"Clarify" to wrap around the circle. I could swear there is a way to do this,
but I cannot remember, so I apologize if this is a very simple question. Can
anybody tell me how this can be done? Thank you.

--
Have a nice day!

~Paul

~~~~~~
| |
|c--OD
| _)
| |
|-. |
/ `-# /A
/ /_|..`#.J/
||LJ `m''''''''
ptaylor

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Paul (TRX)" wrote:

I could swear there is a way to do this, but for the life of me, I cannot
remember how. We currently have a picture. It is a circle. We want the word
"Clarify" to wrap around the circle. I could swear there is a way to do this,
but I cannot remember, so I apologize if this is a very simple question. Can
anybody tell me how this can be done? Thank you.

Use the third type of Word Art.

By the way... there was an identical question today in this same group...
"Subject: How to type text around a circle or oval?"
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul (TRX) Paul (TRX) is offline

Thanks. I gave this a try, but every time I do this, it forces the text to be
gigantic to fit it around the circle. This is not what I want at all, because
it is making it way too big. Is there no way to get around that? If I try to
change the font size, instead of re-orienting it, it just makes it completely
start over, no longer around the cirlce.

--
Have a nice day!

~Paul

~~~~~~
| |
|c--OD
| _)
| |
|-. |
/ `-# /A
/ /_|..`#.J/
||LJ `m''''''''
ptaylor

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

"Paul (TRX)" wrote:

I could swear there is a way to do this, but for the life of me, I cannot
remember how. We currently have a picture. It is a circle. We want the word
"Clarify" to wrap around the circle. I could swear there is a way to do this,
but I cannot remember, so I apologize if this is a very simple question. Can
anybody tell me how this can be done? Thank you.

Use the third type of Word Art.

By the way... there was an identical question today in this same group...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Paul (TRX)" wrote:

Thanks. I gave this a try, but every time I do this, it forces the text to be
gigantic to fit it around the circle. This is not what I want at all, because
it is making it way too big. Is there no way to get around that? If I try to
change the font size, instead of re-orienting it, it just makes it completely
start over, no longer around the cirlce.

Unfortunately, this is how it works. Use the little yellow diamond to change
the orientation first, this may help.

But, as Peter wrote, Word offers some capabilities, but a real design
application (and not a word proessor) should be used if you want fine tuning
and more flexibility.