winddance

Default Adobe Acrobat on Toolbar in Normal Template

Gracie, I removed my PDF menu in Word by searching on my 'C' drive for the
file "pdfmaker.dot" and deleting it everywhere. It appears that Adobe loads a
template/macro everytime Word starts and reloads the menu. Irritating
assumption on Adobe's part.

"Gracie" wrote:

I use Office Pro 2003 on Win XP Pro SP2. I am trying to optimize the space on
my screen by having only two rows of commands, but I can't get the commands
for the Adobe Acrobat PDF Maker to go away. The toolbar has three icons on it
for the following: Convert to PDF, Convert to PDF and email, and Convert to
PDF and send for review. I am starting by going into C:\Documents and
Settings\User Name\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates\Normal (I have tried
going into this via Windows Explorer and My Computer) to open the Normal
Template. I've tried going to View\Toolbars and unchecking PDF Maker, and I
have also tried going from the arrow on the toolbar to Toolbar Options, Add
or Remove Buttons, Customize, and unchecking PDF Maker from there. Each time
that I've tried a new variation, I've clicked the file save icon, sometimes
on the toolbar (per MS Help instructions) and sometimes on the toolbar, from
the drop-down menu, and using Ctrl S. I'll close the program and re-open it
and it's still there!!!! The best I have been able to do is get rid of the
three icons (I already have a Create a PDF icon on the main toolbar), but
then I end up with an empty toolbar taking up a whole line for nothing. This
is so annoying. I hope someone can help.