Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Betsy Betsy is offline

Default remove double border in word table

I have a word table that has double borders around cells. (I just want the
standard single border around each cell). I have tried everything to remove
it and wondered if anyone had any suggestions.

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: remove double border in word table

Sure, I can help you with that! Here's how you can remove the double borders in your Word table:
  1. Select the table by clicking and dragging your mouse over it.
  2. In the "Table Tools" tab that appears at the top of the screen, click on "Design."
  3. In the "Table Styles" section, click on the arrow in the bottom right corner to expand the options.
  4. Scroll down until you see the "Borders" section and click on it.
  5. Click on the "Borders and Shading" button at the bottom of the dropdown menu.
  6. In the "Borders and Shading" window that appears, make sure the "Borders" tab is selected.
  7. Under "Setting," select "None" for each of the border options (top, bottom, left, right, horizontal, and vertical).
  8. Click "OK" to apply the changes and close the window.

Your table should now have single borders around each cell. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

"Betsy" wrote:

I have a word table that has double borders around cells. (I just want the
standard single border around each cell). I have tried everything to remove
it and wondered if anyone had any suggestions.

You mean that you have tried:

1) Selecting the whole table
2) Format Borders and Shading...
3) Select "All" on the left
4) Select the line type (Single) and width in the middle
5) OK

and that still does not work?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Helmut Weber[_2_] Helmut Weber[_2_] is offline

Hi Betsy,

put the cursor in the table.
Then
menue "Table",
"Table Properties..."
then choose the tab "Table",
then click the command button "Borders and Shading",
then click "Borders".

Then in "Style" choose the border style you want.

Make sure, that in "Apply to:" table is selected.

--

Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Helmut Weber, MVP WordVBA

Vista Small Business, Office XP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Betsy Betsy is offline

That is correct. It seems that each cell has a single border around it, and
then the entire table has another border around it.

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

"Betsy" wrote:

I have a word table that has double borders around cells. (I just want the
standard single border around each cell). I have tried everything to remove
it and wondered if anyone had any suggestions.

You mean that you have tried:

1) Selecting the whole table
2) Format Borders and Shading...
3) Select "All" on the left
4) Select the line type (Single) and width in the middle
5) OK

and that still does not work?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Betsy Betsy is offline

Default remove double border in word table - I figured it out!

I just got an answer from a coworker. You have to go into the table, select
"Table", then Table properties, then Options. Under "default cell spacing"
deselect "allow spacing between cells. i would have never guessed that one!

Word constantly amazes!!!!!

Thanks, all!